SALE! Mexican Spice Kit ~ Seven Organic Spices
$ 50.00 $ 37.50
This product is sold out
25% off old jar stock with mold #s on the bottom. Please see last photo for close up of jars.
Start a Mexican Fiesta in your pantry. This kit includes:
- Seven reusable hexagon magnetic jars for fridge
- Lids are hand-stamped with spice names
- Choose silver, gold, black
- Internal food-safe magnet cap keeps spices and magnets separate
All spices are ORGANIC (and Fair Trade when possible):
- ANNATTO Also called Achiote, smells slightly sweet, peppery with a hint of nutmeg. It is used for it's beautiful yellow-orange color in everything from cheese to lipstick. Try using Annato to make the Yucatan spice paste, Recado, to flavor Pollo Pibil, color up tamale dough, and season rice.
- CHIPOTLE Chipotles are jalapeno chilies that have been left on the bush late in the season to ripen into a deep red, then smoke-dried. These chilies are the workhorses of many Mexican kitchens, as they lend both smoky and spicy flavors. Add to a pot of beans or enchilada sauce. Mix with your salsa or guacamole for a flavor worlds beyond fresh chilies.
- SERRANO SALT Bright red Serrano chilies slowly roasted for full flavor. Mixed with sea salt, it gives a spicy flavor with a hint of berry. Great addition to spicy sauces or sprinkled on rice & beans, fajitas. Even use with sweet fruit such as mango or pineapple to make a non-traditional salsa.
- CUMIN Cumin seeds closely resemble caraway, but conjure a flavor from a completely different part of the world than it's eastern-European relative. To capture cumin's full flavor potential, first toast the amount of seeds needed for your recipe in a dry skillet until fragrant. Then, grind coarsely and use liberally as a poultry rub or pair with coriander and add to your next batch of roasted sweet potatoes or squash.
- EPAZOTE Native to central and south America, this wild herb grows abundantly and with abandon. Slightly subdued when dried, this herb can resemble fennel, anise and tarragon when fresh. Traditionally, it is added to simmering pots of black beans, as it is believed to help prevent flatulence. Try adding it to your next batch of chilaquiles!
- MEXICAN OREGANO This staple of Mexican kitchens tastes more like the members of the savory family and less like the piney Greek oregano. It plays a strong and distinguishing role in many versions of mole and is lovely when added to pickled garlic and onions. A great balancer to the flavor extreames of chiles, citrus and garlic.
- TACO Rev up your next taco party by adding a liberal amount of this spice blend to a little oil or hot fat to help distribute the flavors throughout the meat or vegetables.
Gneiss Spice magnetic spice jars are made to hold to your fridge. With spices in sight, you'll use them more often, dishing up fabulous flavorful food! Hexagonal shape fits together creating a spice-colored honeycomb pattern on your fridge. Strong neodymium magnets will keep jars from sliding. Lids form an airtight lock, keeping spices fresh. Small jars measure 1.75” wide by 2” tall and hold a volume of ~1/4 cup.
Save 10% on your first order by joining our monthly spice newsletter. We giveaway a set of spice refills each month to a lucky subscriber!