WELLNESS SPICES | 7 Organic Antioxidant-Rich Herbs + Seasonings to Help Fight Disease
Antioxidant-rich spices to show how much you love someone! These seven "super" spices help you live a long and healthy life. What a thoughtful gift for a best friend, sister or mom, paired with a Healing Spices cookbook.
Included in the Super Spice Wellness gift set:
- 7 small hexagon magnetic jars for your fridge
- Durable glass jars are reusable
- Filled with certified organic + kosher spices
- Air tight lids to keep spices fresh
- Silver lids hand-stamped with spice names
- Strong magnets keep jars from sliding
- Internal barrier between magnet and spices
- CAYENNE Capsaicin, the active chemical in cayenne pepper, has long been known to help reduce ulcer symptoms, and may have a related ability to lower your risk of stomach cancer. Full of beta-carotene, other antioxidants and immune boosters to help build healthy mucous membrane tissues.
- CINNAMON Cinnamon speeds the rate at which your brain processes visual cues. Cinnamon also helps to regulate blood-sugar levels so you can stay focused. The compound polyphenols may help prevent cell damage that increases cancer risk, and has shown an ability to stop the growth of melanoma cells.
- CLOVE Cloves contain substances that, when eaten, have displayed protections against a type of skin tumor! Use cloves to prevent the cold. Drink it in the tea as a painkiller to get rid of a sore throat. Cloves also relax the GI tract, improving digestion.
- GARLIC Long-touted for its heart healthy benefits, garlic might also fight brain cancer. A 2007 study noted that garlic compounds eliminated brain-cancer cells. Daily garlic consumption can lower total cholesterol.
- ROSEMARY Rosemary's anti-inflammatory properties are proving to be promising against colon cancer. There is evidence that it stimulates the production of acetylcholine, which in turn helps boost learning and memory.
- THYME Full of antioxidants, that prevent cellular damage that can boost overall health and help prevent cancer, inflammation, and signs of aging.
- TURMERIC In India, where they eat curry almost every day—the Alzheimer’s disease rate is ¼ of what it is in the US. New research also shows it might be useful in treating pre-diabetes. Turmeric also has been shown to inhibit the development of cancers of the breast, cervix and uterus. Used topically, it heals skin infections!
Pairing a cookbook? Gneiss Spice recommends:
- Healing Spices: How to Use 50 Everyday and Exotic Spices to Boost Health and Beat Disease by Bharat B. Aggarwal PhD
- Alchemy of Herbs: Transform Everyday Ingredients into Foods and Remedies That Heal by Rosalee de la Forêt
- Cooking with Spices: 100 Recipes for Blends, Marinades, and Sauces from Around the World by Mark C. Stevens
- Essential Spices and Herbs: Discover Them, Understand Them, Enjoy Them by Christina Nichol
Small jars measure 1.75” wide by 2” tall; and hold a shy 1/4 cup volume. These jars are smaller than traditional spice containers; smaller amounts of spice stay fresh. Refill with us or in bulk at your local natural foods store. Jars are made to stick to your fridge or any steel surface. Purchase a mini wall plate if you need to store jars on a backsplash.
New to Gneiss Spice? Please watch our FAQ videos here.